Tuesday, December 21, 2010

"CAMERON CRAZIES"

The following weekend was my turn to have a dream come true. Live and in person I got to witness the "Cameron Crazies" I can't believe it has taken me this long but it was well worth the wait. It was absolutely awesome sitting in Cameron Indoor Stadium for a home game. Several of visits in my life have been down to Duke but never for an actual game or a personal hug from the DUKE BLUE DEVIL himself. In my mind this picture is priceless and I get a smile from cheek to cheek just thinking about the moment...then again all the moments during my 24hrs. down there.
I left the kids with Skylar and met my Dad down in Durham. He was there on business and scored us the tickets. Even just a Daddy daughter day would get me excited but then you go and add Duke to the equation and it was just bliss. We had a great time walking through campus, buying stuff at the bookstore, going down memory lane in the Duke Basketball Museum, experiencing the game, people watching and meeting several of the other teams players as they were at our hotel, chatting, jogging through the gardens and I can't forget the GAME!!!!!!
Thanks Dad for an amazing time and for making another dream come true. You can fully appreciate and comprehend the craziness till you see the "crazies" in person!!!!!
GO DUKE!

3 comments:

Brooke said...

Jeff is so jealous right now. I just showed him your Duke post. How amazing and awesome for you to have been able to do that with your dad. I loved reading all your other posts as well. Your girls are darling! I love seeing their pictures and what you all have been up to. Have a happy new year!

clintandleximorgan said...

Cheryl, I'm behind on your blog. Where do you live now? Your girls are darling...grown up so much. Happy New Year!

Laura said...

I am sooo jealous! That just looks unbelievably fun. I hope you realize now you have been to the ACC tournament (twice?) and a Duke game at Duke and I have not done any of thee above. I am feeling a little jipped! I am happy for you though!!!!