Wednesday, February 10, 2010

THE FINISH LINE....we took the offer!

The LONG journey actually is going to come to an end....can it be! Many of you may have heard by now but I thought I would officially announce that Skylar has accepted his first official job as a Pathologist in the Virgina Beach Area. Yes that is right, we will live within about 30min of the BEACH! Hopefully this will bring many of you to us for a visit. We are just ecstatic that after 13 years of school and training Skylar will have what we can call a real job! We are thrilled that he has made it to the end. His hard work and dedication have paid off and I hope he knows how proud we are of him.

In my world all moves bring excitement with plenty of worries and scares. I'm sure you can all imagine that I'm panicing over picking the right city to move to..neighborhood...schools....will we make great friends...and on and on. Luckily it is only a 3 hour drive from where we are right now so Sky and I will be down several times researching the area. We have gone once so far before accepting the job to make sure it all felt right. We hope to go again soon with the plan of narrowing down which city we should live in. We actually might not have as mad of a daughter as I thought we would when we move again as she is pretty delighted to know that she will be within reach of the BEACH!

*One thing we were shocked to see in a few peoples yards were these darling little palm trees. This got Sky and I both very excited as you can imagine. We will be giddy little kids as we purchase our first palm tree...you better believe we are determined to have one now. I can't believe I will be figuring out how to keep our own palm tree alive.

14 comments:

Lindsay said...

Hopefully we'll make it out there someday to visit! Congratulations you guys!!!

Laura said...

I am already excited for my visit in the fall and a little envious you will have the beach so close. I guess we will do a trade off upon visits - beach with you and boating with me. Congratulations to you all for making it through the long road and Skylar, I am sure impressed with the amazing amount of schooling you successfully accompished!

The Harrises said...

Hey Congrats on the beach. We just had a dear friend accept a job there last year as a neurologist. He's working at the new hospital. I can give you her email if you want to chat. She's way cool. I think they decided to build.

Darcie said...

Congrates! That sounds like a great place to live. I bet you are excited. All the hard work has payed off.

jeffandjess said...

Not sure you even remember me, but Laura and I were in the same class in high school. I ended up at your blog because someone gave me the link to hers when she was pregnant. Anyway, my point is that I moved to Virginia Beach 4 years ago and if you need any info about the area I'd love to help out! Its a great place to live :)

-Jessica Campbell (now Sallee)
jessica.sallee@gmail.com

Brooke said...

Congratulations on your upcoming move and first official job. That is so awesome! Does that mean Skylar is done with all of his school? I can't believe all of the snow you guys have been getting. I bet Kylee is loving the snow days:) Your girls are still cute as ever, and I hope things are well.

Katie May said...

Congrats!! I can't even begin to imagine the relief you guys are feeling now. (well, you WILL be feeling once you get settled, right Cheryl?) I can't wait to hear about where you'll settle. Yay!!! I'm practically leaping for joy for you all. You're giving me hope that there IS an end to schooling!!

Lexie said...

Hooray! Can't even imagine what it feels like to take your first real job after all of this, it's so fun to live through you guys and you'd better be sure we'll be coming to visit and play at the beautiful beach! I can't wait to see your palm tree.

Lexie said...

Sorry, just had to add that I love your snow cave header at the top and I especially love that Alexis has her snacks in there - so characteristic!

hoday said...

Love the snow cave. I've been thinking of you all since I had just complained about our 30+ inches only a few days before yours! I too love that Lexi has snacks in there. Our little snacker!
I am so excited you'll still be on the east coast! We'd love to stop by on our summer beach runs. =) Yay Skylar! Phew!

clintandleximorgan said...

Congrats on the job. That is wonderful!

The Thompsons said...

YAY!!!! I am soooooo excited for you guys! It sounds like the PERFECT place for the two of you :).

Peter and Jen Bell said...

That is so great! It must feel so great. I need to come see you guys soon.

Jill said...

So jealous!!! So, we should know where we will be moving around Christmas time of this year! Crazy huh? I'm so excited for you guys!